North Coast Kayak Adventures
PREPARE FOR YOUR TRIP
what to expect on a kayaking day trip
Wear... comfortable, loose clothing. Dress in layers with an outer shell for the morning. If spring...wear a warm hat and slightly heavier layers.
Bring... spare set of clothing, sun screen, lip balm and if preferred your travel mug for coffee, your water bottle and lunch.
Shoes... a pair of shoes that can get wet preferably with a back strap if wearing sandals. Flipflop's not acceptable as you may easily injure yourself getting out on shore due to rocks, barnacles etc.
At the marina...
- meet at MK Bay Marina located just before Kitimaat Village at 7:45...please be punctual so others are not waiting for you!
- pay for your parking in marina shop ($5.00 +tx)
- board Screamin’ Reels charter vessel at public boat dock near shop
On board the charter vessel...
safety briefing for charter vessel (Transport Canada required)
- hot coffee, morning snack and fruit is served and charter departs
- approx. 1 hour from marina to destination
At our destination...
- safety briefing on kayak equipment
- boarding the kayaks
- radio check to ensure your safety
- paddle at your leisure! Returning at predetermined time
Returning to Kitimat...
- kayaks are loaded and secured while you enjoy some fresh fruit and a cold drink (alcoholic beverages are permitted on board)
- return to Kitimat at approx. 5 p.m.
- payment for trip is made on-board on approach to marina using debit, credit or cash.